If You Need Assistance With Relocation, Partner With Experienced Child Custody Lawyers based in Phoenix, AZ
Child relocation can be a complex and emotional proceeding for either parent. The court requires either a court order to relocate the child more than 100 miles from their residence or permission from the non-moving parent. Huffman-Shayeb Law, PLLC can assist with requesting relocation, as well as advocating against the relocation of your child. At Huffman-Shayeb Law, PLLC in Phoenix, AZ, you can partner with a child custody lawyer who has experience dealing with complicated situations involving relocation who will advocate for you.
How Can a Relocation Lawyer Assist You?
When it comes to relocation, the court will mostly be concerned with the best interests of the child. They will consider a wide variety of factors including:
- The current custody and visitation agreement
- Whether the relocation is being made for a good reason
- The distance of the relocation
- Whether or not the relocation will negatively impact the other parent’s relationship with the child
- Whether or not the relocation will affect the quality-of-life and opportunities of the child (positively or negatively)
- Anything that will affect communication and parenting time
- The child’s wishes
A child custody lawyer can help you prepare your case if your relocation is being contested, or if you are the one challenging the other parent’s relocation.
Consult With a Child Relocation Attorney Today
If you need assistance with legal matters regarding family relocation, you can discuss your situation in a consultation with Huffman-Shayeb Law. Just call (480) 442-2781 or fill out our online contact form to request your consultation.